The weather is fining up, so if you want to get on your bike, join us for another hands on, fully coached bicycle maintenance workshop.
Learn how to service your own bike, including:
- Intro – you can do 90% of bike maintenance yourself!
- “ABCD” bike check – what to look out for to ensure your bike is roadworthy and operates efficiently
- Basic bike fit adjustments – seat hight, seat fore/ aft etc
- Cleaning and lubing chain, edge of jockey wheels etc.
- Dropped chain – how to fix it
- Taking wheels on and off – correct use of the quick release lever
- Taking off a tyre and changing a tube easily.
- Plus many more, even for experienced cyclists….. including break pads, gears etc…
When: Saturday 9th of November
Where: Guildford Primary School courtyard, 125 Helena street, Guildford
Time: 2-5 pm
Cost: $30 per person (bike services usually cost $50 and upwards)
Note, kids under 16 can attend with an adult for free, with their own bike included, as long as they are supervised and work together with the adult.
What you need to bring: Your bike, plus any bike tools you already use. And to keep clean: old clothes, and if you have them, rubber gloves and a sheet of plastic to work on.
The workshop will be run by Mike Norman, professional cycle coach from the Secret Cycling Business. He will demonstrate each step and then participants get to work on their own bikes with assistance.
Afternoon tea provided.
Places strictly limited to 30 adults with bikes (kids can accompany adults for free). RSVP and pre-pay essential @ http://ttgbike2013.eventbrite.com/
Fantastic idea! Great ! Loving it!