The transition from a consumer society to a conserver society (from a collapsing economy to a sustainable one) will be very challenging for all of us, not just in practical terms. It will greatly challenge our minds and our emotions as we work through the big changes that will be necessary to transition successfully.
The Hearts and Minds group provides mutual support and encouragement to all Transitioners to explore these challenges at a personal and community level. We will be working through such things as:
- envisioning the difficulties and crises we will have to face
- acknowledging and expressing our fears about the future
- grieving for the losses that have been and will be incurred
- releasing anger about damage to our environment and the slowness of change
- addressing the habits and addictions that keep us consuming and behaving in ecologically damaging ways
- reducing our personal footprint and our share of the planet’s resources (earthshare)
We will also work together to
- gain courage and determination for campaigning for a better world
- raise awareness and consciousness in others
- maintain hope and optimism about the possibilities of societal transformation and a successful transition
The workshop “Transition of the Heart – healing ourselves so we can heal the planet” will be offered again soon.
Please contact Rod Mitchell on 0427 428 009 to find out how you can join in.